Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. Here we will discuss the general causes of female infertility.
Infertility is defined as trying to get pregnant (with frequent intercourse) for at least a year with no success. Female infertility, male infertility or a combination of the two affects millions of couples in the United States. An estimated 10 to 18 percent of couples have trouble getting pregnant or having a successful delivery.
Infertility results from female factors about one-third of the time and male factors about one-third of the time.
The symptoms of female infertility.
The main symptom of infertility in female is the inability to get pregnant. A menstrual cycle that’s too long (35 days or more), too short (less than 21 days), irregular or absent can mean that you’re not ovulating. There may be no other outward signs or symptoms.
The causes of female infertility.
The most common causes of female infertility include problems with ovulation, damage to fallopian tubes or uterus, or problems with the cervix. Age can contribute to infertility because as a woman ages, her fertility naturally tends to decrease.
Ovulation problems may be caused by one or more of the following:
- A hormone imbalance.
- A tumor or cyst.
- Eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- Alcohol or drug use.
- Thyroid gland problems.
- Excess weight.
- Intense exercise that causes a significant loss of body fat.
- Extremely brief menstrual cycles.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or uterus can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- A previous infection.
- Polyps in the uterus.
- Endometriosis or fibroids.
- Scar tissue or adhesions.
- Chronic medical illness.
- A previous ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.
- A birth defect.
- DES syndrome (The medication DES, given to women to prevent miscarriage or premature birth can result in fertility problems for their children).
How to prevent female infertility.
If you are a woman who has a plan to get pregnant, there are ways you can take to increase your chances of having normal fertility. The ways are:
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol.
- Reduce caffeine.
- Avoid stress.
- Maintain a normal weight.
- Take the right supplement.
Talking about the right supplement to improve female fertility, there is no better choice than FertilityBlend for Women by Daily Wellness Company.
FertilityBlend for Women is a scientifically validated female fertility supplement to improve fertility by optimizing hormonal and menstrual cycle balance, promoting ovulation and supporting the reproductive organs and tissues.
This unique formula is the first fertility product to synergistically combine natural herbal and nutritional ingredients specifically for women’s reproductive health.
FertilityBlend for Women contains:
- Chasteberry (vitex) – an herb shown to enhance hormonal balance and ovulation frequency.
- L-arginine – an amino acid that helps improve circulation to the reproductive region.
- Antioxidants, green tea, vitamin E, and selenium – to help repair oxidative damage due to aging and environment.
- Folic acid – assists in the reduction of specific birth defects in children.
- Vitamins B6, B12, minerals, iron, zinc and magnesium – address specific deficiencies and promote fertility health.
Infertility in couples, however, can also be resulted by the male factor. In many cases, male factor is even more dominant to cause infertility. Therefore, Daily Wellness Company has also made a special fertility supplement for men, named FertilityBlend for Men.
FertilityBlend for Women and FertilityBlend for Men are two main products recommended to all couples who want to improve their fertility as well as increase their chance of getting healthy pregnancy.