A man’s prostate becomes larger as he ages, a condition known as benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH. What is the common medication for enlarged prostate?
Prostate enlargement is usually not a serious or life-threatening condition, but it can cause problems with urinating, primarily in men age 50 and older.
Many men with BPH will either have no symptoms or symptoms that are mild and not that bothersome. But for millions of others, the urinary problems caused by BPH can be burdensome and interfere with their quality of life.
Enlarged prostate leads to an uncomfortable life.
Some men with BPH, for example, feel the urge to get up several times throughout the night to urinate, which can interrupt their sleep and leave them tired and groggy the next day.
Concerns about urinary problems can also lead some men with this condition to give up routine activities such as sports or going to the movies where it may be difficult to find or reach a restroom.
What is the right medication for enlarged prostate?
If a man with enlarged prostate goes to see a doctor, he might be offered these medications:
- Alpha blockers relax the muscle in the prostate gland and at the base of the bladder, making it easier to pass urine. Commonly used alpha blockers are tamsulosin and alfuzosin.
- Anticholinergics relax the bladder muscle if it’s overactive.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors shrink the prostate gland if it’s enlarged. Finasteride and dutasteride are the two 5-alpha reductase inhibitors available.
- Diuretics speed up urine production. If taken during the day, it reduces the amount of urine produced overnight.
- Desmopressins slow down urine production so less urine is produced at night.
In severe cases, a doctor may have to perform surgery.
ProstatePlus: an alternative solution for enlarged prostate.
Medication almost always brings side effects. So if you choose to treat enlarged prostate with healthy lifestyle and natural supplement, it is the best decision.
Speaking of supplement for prostate, there is no better choice than ProstatePlus because this product is designed uniquely to improve prostate health.
ProstatePlus is a perfect supplement to reduce inflammation. It is intended for men who suffer from prostate enlargement.
This supplement will help solve problems associated with urination difficulties and make your life comfortable again. It is a safe and easy product to take, a doctor’s prescription is not required.
ProstatePlus can also be taken by young men with no prostate problems. This supplement is very useful to maintain prostate health.
Made from natural ingredients, ProstatePlus is safe to use in a long term.