Low libido means a decrease in sex drive that leads to a decrease in sexual activity. Let’s review potential treatment for low libido that works for men.
Low libido can come from a variety of causes. Most commonly, male low libido is a result of medication side effects, physical or mental illness, stress, aging, and hormonal problems (most often, low testosterone).
The list of low libido causes.
- Psychological issues. Stress and anxiety from the strain of daily life, relationship or family problems, depression, and mental disorders are among the many factors that can affect sexual desire.
- Medical problems. Diseases such as diabetes; conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol; and HIV drugs, some hair-loss remedies, and other medications can negatively affect sexual desire.
- Hormonal causes. Testosterone is the hormone of desire. Low testosterone levels mean low sexual desire. Levels dip as men age; other causes include chronic disease, medications, and other drug use.
What is the best libido treatment that works for men?
You can try these effective steps to improve low libido:
- Talk to a therapist. Emotional factors as well as physical factors can impact your libido. A loss of desire is more likely among men who have lost a spouse, are unemployed or have low income, or have retired. Talk to a therapist if you are having a hard time coping with major life stressors.
- Exercise. Getting at least 200 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity a week leads to improvement in sexual performance and testosterone levels.
- Lose weight. This is especially important if you’re obese. Having less abdominal fat correlated with improved desire.
- Control your diet. In a study of obese men with type 2 diabetes, cutting about 600 calories a day by following a low-fat, high-protein, moderate-carbohydrate diet was effective in improving sexual desire.
- Tackle any substance abuse. Men with low sexual desire should consider their use of legal and illegal substances, including smoking and drinking more than a moderate amount of alcohol. Quitting must improve libido.
- Review your medications. Side effects and interactions of prescription and over-the-counter drugs could be contributing to loss of desire. Talk to your doctor to see if any of your current medications might be affecting your sex drive.
Do not forget to include supplementation.
All of the above treatments might not be complete without supplementation. However, you should choose a supplement that has been proven efficacious in treating low libido of men. Another important thing, the supplement should also be natural and approved by the FDA.
Today, MaleExtra emerges as the most prominent male product. MaleExtra has so many advantages, making it a major supplement among men.
Male Extra is a male enhancement supplement with a unique blend of ingredients not only can make your penis longer and bigger, it can also give you an improved sex drive, and better control over your erections Taking these pills regularly can also give you more intense orgasms.
The main ingredients of this male enhancement supplement are pomegranate and niacin. One tablet contains a massive 500 milligrams of Pomegranate, which is native to now Iran and has been found to be rich in antioxidants.
Pomegranate has been proven effective in increasing erection hardness, while Niacin has been linked to reducing fatigue and improving stamina.
It also has other ingredients like L-arginine, an amino acid that is produces nitric oxide which in turns produces hard erections through the dilation of blood vessels to the penile erectile tissues.
Other ingredients are methyl sulfonyl methane, creatine, cordyceps, and zinc. All the ingredients are not only natural, but safe. They have been approved by the FDA.