Her skal vi snakke om årsakene til lav progesteron, hva er de vanligste symptomene, og hvordan du kan forbedre dine nivåer, slik at du kan føle deg normal igjen.
Hva er progesteron?
Progesteron er et kvinnelig kjønnshormon produseres hovedsakelig i eggstokkene etter eggløsning hver måned. Det er en viktig del av menstruasjonssyklusen og vedlikehold av svangerskapet.
Progesteron bidrar til å regulere syklusen, men dens viktigste jobb er å få livmoren klar for graviditet. Dette hormonet er også nødvendig for brystutvikling og amming i tillegg. Den utfyller noen av effektene av østrogen, en annen kvinnelig hormon.
Progesteron er spesielt viktig i fertil år. Hvis du ikke har nok progesteron, kan du ha problemer med å få eller oppholder gravid.
Lav progesteron fører.
The body naturally produces progesterone during the second half of your cycle, but there are several things that can affect your levels, such as:
1. Stress. Stress is one of the leading causes of low progesterone levels, and most of us are stressed out 24/7. Life is moving fast, and we can never seem to get everything done. Combine that with the everyday stresses we face, and it’s a recipe for hormonal disaster.
2. Xenoestrogens. We’re bombarded by environmental estrogens, or xenoestrogens, every single day. They’re in our foods and in our environment. They trick the body into thinking that your estrogen levels are higher than what they really are, and progesterone levels suffer as a result.
Xenoestrogens can be found in synthetic hormones, plastics and even animal products.
3. Excessive exercise. Exercise is great for your health, but excessive activity can actually have a negative impact on your hormone levels, progesterone in particular.
Normally, exercises isn’t a problem. But when women work out extremely hard to compete at high levels (even if it’s just for fun), it wreaks havoc on their hormonal systems.
Low progesterone symptoms.
If you aren’t pregnant, some symptoms of low progesterone include:
- Low libido.
- Hot flashes.
- Migraines or headaches.
- Depression, anxiety or other mood changes.
- Menstrual cycle irregularity or absence.
If you’re pregnant, you need progesterone to maintain your uterus until you give birth. If your levels are too low, you may be unable to carry the baby to term. Some symptoms of low progesterone levels in pregnant women include:
- Abdominal pain.
- Frequent low blood sugar.
- Regularly tender breasts.
- Constant fatigue.
- Vaginal dryness.
Improve your progesterone levels with Proferia.
Proferia is a topical progesterone cream that can be used to increase progesterone levels in women who are suffering from hormonal imbalances.
- Contains a highly soluble wild yam extract as a base for its high absorption rate, as well as 500 mg of USP progesterone per ounce.
- All natural, containing no synthetic hormones typically prescribed by physicians.
- Unlike other hormones, researchers have found that progesterone is optimally delivered to the body when applied through the skin as opposed to being administered orally.
How to use Proferia?
Proferia can be applied once daily. Apply to thin areas of the skin, such as the neck, breasts, inside the arms etc. A typical dosage of Proferia varies on the individual and the symptoms they’re experiencing. We recommend a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Proferia daily.
Proferia is both vegetarian and vegan. The cream contains no animal-derived products and is not tested on animals. Proferia is only recommended for topical applications and is not to be ingested orally.